Robert Bhamber previews tonight’s Ligue 1 encounter.
Toulouse face Monaco at the Stadium Municipal with both teams having recently ended bad runs with a victory in their last outing. The hosts beat Nantes 2-1 in midweek, after two previous losses to Lorient and Montpellier and Alain Casanova will be looking for another win here to take his side into the top half of Ligue 1.
Monaco, meanwhile, ended their four game winless run in the league with a 2-0 victory over Lens at the Stade Louis II. That win moved them up to eighth in a highly-congested league table; Monaco are three points ahead of Toulouse heading into this game. Leonardo Jardim knows his side need to be winning games like these if they are to get back into European contention this season.
– Toulouse have lost two of their last three home league games.
– They have scored 21 league goals this season, only four teams have scored more.
– Monaco have already lost more matches (5) than they did in the whole of last season (4).
– They have taken 11 points from 24 in away league games this campaign.
– Last season, Monaco won this match 2-0.