Sunday: Bordeaux (6th) vs St Etienne (4th) (13:00 GMT)
Bordeaux will be looking for a second consecutive league win when they host out-of-form St Etienne at the Stade Chaban-Delmas. The home side emerged 1-0 victors away to Evian last weekend, their first victory in seven league matches. Manager Willy Sagnol will be hoping his side can now build on that result and possibly close in on the likes of Monaco and St Etienne in the table.
The visitors, though, will be doing their best to make sure that doesn’t happen. St Etienne head into this match having failed to win any of their last four league fixtures and they have lost ground on PSG, Marseille and Lyon as a result. Christophe Galtier will be hoping for a better performance from his players than the one he saw last weekend, where they threw away a two goal lead to draw 3-3 at home against Lens.
– Bordeaux have picked up 21 points from a possible 33 in home league games this season.
– Their only home league defeats this campaign have come against Lyon and Nice.
– St Etienne have the joint-best defensive record this season along with Lyon; they have conceded just 18 league goals.
– They have won every away league match this season in which they scored first.
– In the reverse fixture in Week 7, these two teams drew 1-1 at the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard.