Friday: Marseille (2nd) vs Reims (13th) (19:30 GMT)
Marseille can temporarily go top of the table with a victory at home against Reims on Friday evening. The hosts head into this match two points behind league leaders Lyon, following last weekend’s 1-1 draw away to Rennes. Marcelo Bielsa will expect nothing less than all three points here, as he aims to pile the pressure on PSG and Lyon ahead of their matches this weekend.
Reims, meanwhile, certainly aren’t in the best of form at the moment, winning none of their last five league outings. The last thing Jean-Luc Vasseur would have wanted to see on the fixture list, then, was a trip to the Stade Velodrome. His side currently sit a comfortable six points above the bottom three, but he will be anxious to get back to winning ways soon.
– Marseille have won each of their last 11 home league games.
– Their only home defeat in the league this season came in Week 2 against Montpellier.
– Reims have lost four of their last five league games.
– They have picked up just nine points from a possible 33 on the road this season.
– In the reverse fixture in Week 7, Marseille thrashed Reims 5-0 at the Stade Auguste Delaune.