Saturday: Reims (12th) vs Lorient (17th) (19:00 GMT)
Reims will be searching for their first win in four league games as they welcome struggling Lorient to the Stade Auguste Delaune. The hosts haven’t been in the best of form recently, losing to St Etienne, Caen and Toulouse and playing out a goalless draw at home to Lens. They are, however, a comfortable 12th in the table, six points above the bottom three.
However, Lorient’s position is far from comfortable, as they sit 17th in the standings, just one place and one point above the relegation zone. Inconsistency has cost Sylvain Ripoll’s side dearly this season; his side has only managed to win back-to-back league games once this campaign. They did manage to hold in-form Montpellier to a goalless draw last weekend, but Lorient need to put a few victories together if they are to ease any fears of relegation.
– Reims have taken 20 points from a possible 36 in home league matches this season.
– They have scored 16 and conceded 17 in these games.
– Lorient have won just one of their last five league outings; at home to Lille in Week 21.
– They have lost each of their last three away league games.
– In the reverse fixture in Week 6, Reims beat Lorient 1-0 at the Stade du Moustoir.