Saturday: Rennes (12th) vs Bordeaux (6th) (19:00 GMT)
Rennes will be looking to end their dreadful run of form with a victory against Bordeaux at the Stade de la Route de Lorient. The hosts are without a win in their last nine league outings, a run of results which has seen them drop from fifth to 12th in the table. They lost 2-1 away to struggling Toulouse last weekend and are now just five points above the bottom three themselves.
Bordeaux, on the other hand, have recently put an end to their bad form with back-to-back 1-0 wins against Evian and St Etienne in the last two weeks. Those victories ended a six match winless run for Willy Sagnol’s men in the league and has kept them within touching distance of the likes of Monaco and St Etienne in the standings.
– Rennes last won in the league in Week 16, when they won 2-1 away at Nice.
– They have taken 18 points from 36 at home this season.
– Bordeaux have not dropped below seventh in the table all season.
– They have four wins, four draws and five losses from their 13 away league games so far.
– In the reverse fixture in Week 8, Bordeaux beat Rennes 2-1 at the Stade Chaban-Delmas.