Saturday: Rennes (10th) vs Marseille (2nd) (15:00 GMT)
Marseille could temporarily return to the top of Ligue 1 with against Rennes at the Stade de la Route de Lorient. The home side are in a bad run of form right now, having failed to win any of their last seven league matches. This run of results has seen them fall from the European qualification spots and into mid-table and manager Philippe Montanier will be anxious to get back to winning ways soon.
The visitors, however, will be looking to take full advantage of a Rennes side low on confidence and gain the three points they need to overhaul Lyon at the league summit. Marcelo Bielsa’s men have been inconsistent as of late, winning four and losing three of their last seven league games, but only a victory will be good enough here if they are to pile the pressure on Lyon ahead of their game on Sunday.
– Rennes have taken just two points from the last 21 available.
– They have conceded 17 goals at home so far this season, the joint worst record in the division, along with Reims and Guingamp.
– Marseille have won four, drawn two and lost five of their 11 away league matches this season.
– They have scored 17 and conceded 14 in these games.
– In the reverse fixture in Week 6, Marseille beat Rennes 3-0 at the Stade Velodrome.