Saturday: Bastia (13th) vs Lille (11th) (19:00 GMT)
Bastia will be aiming to extend their unbeaten run in the league as they welcome Lille to the Stade Armand Cesari. The hosts are now undefeated in their last eight league outings, a run of results which has seen them catapult themselves from 20th to 13th in the standings. They have won their last two games, against Metz and Nantes respectively, and given Lille’s inconsistent form this season, manager Ghislain Printant will be expecting another victory here.
Lille, meanwhile, head into this match on the back of a goalless draw with Nice last weekend. That result left them 11th in the table, just two points above their opponents this Saturday. Manager Rene Girard will be desperate for his side to climb into the top half and move closer to the European qualification spots, but they can’t do that if they fail to beat the teams around them.
– Bastia have conceded just five goals during their eight game unbeaten run.
– They have taken 20 points from a possible 39 at home this season.
– Lille, however, have won just two away league games this campaign.
– They have lost all seven away league matches this season in which they conceded first.
– In the reverse fixture in Week 8, Lille beat Bastia 1-0 at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy.