Sunday: St Etienne (5th) vs Marseille (2nd) (20:00 GMT)
St Etienne will be looking to take advantage of Marseille’s poor away form when the two sides clash at the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard on Sunday evening. The hosts aren’t in the best of form themselves, having failed to win any of their last five league outings. They were overtaken by Monaco in the table on Friday and manager Christophe Galtier will be looking for his players to respond by taking all three points from this match.
Marseille head into the weekend in second spot, two points behind league leaders Lyon, but they may have slipped down to third by the time this match gets underway. All the pressure, therefore, will be on Marcelo Bielsa’s men to produce a result from this one and keep up with PSG and Lyon at the summit. However, Marseille have been inconsistent as of late, winning just one of their last four league games.
– St Etienne have spent the entire campaign in the top half.
– They have lost just twice at home in the league this season, against Toulouse and PSG.
– Marseille haven’t won any of their last seven away league matches, a run that stretches back to early October.
– They have picked up 15 points from a possible 36 on the road thus far.
– In the reverse fixture in Week 8, Marseille beat St Etienne 2-1 at the Stade Velodrome.