Friday: St Etienne (4th) vs Lens (19th) (19:30 GMT)
St Etienne will be looking to bounce back from two consecutive league defeats when they host Lens at the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard on Friday evening. Losses to PSG and Caen have seen Christophe Galtier’s men lose ground on the front three and they now face competition from Monaco for fourth spot.
Lens, meanwhile, have problems of their own at the other end of the table; they sit 19th in the standings and three points from safety. The visitors have won just one of their last eight league outings and manager Antoine Kombouare knows his side need to act fast if they are to avoid being cut adrift in the bottom three.
– St Etienne have conceded just three goals in their last 10 league games.
– They have taken 21 points from a possible 33 at home this season.
– Lens have won just two away league games all season, against Lyon and Toulouse.
– They have scored only once in their last four league matches.
– In the reverse fixture in Week 6, St Etienne beat Lens 1-0 at the Stade de la Licorne.