Sunday: Montpellier (7th) vs Lyon (2nd) (20:00 GMT)
Montpellier will be searching for a third consecutive league win as they tackle title challengers Lyon at the Stade de la Mosson. The hosts have beaten Guingamp and Nice in their past two league outings, but face a considerably tougher task against the former league leaders this weekend. Nevertheless, Rolland Courbis will be hoping to take something from this match in order to keep the pressure on the likes of St Etienne and Bordeaux.
Lyon, meanwhile, have the chance to return to the league summit by taking all three points here, but they will need to improve on their recent league form if they are to do that. The visitors have won only one of their last five league outings and suffered a 2-1 defeat away at Lille last time out. Hubert Fournier knows his side can’t afford many more slip-ups if they are to maintain their title challenge.
– Montpellier have conceded just two goals in their last five league games.
– They have spent just five weeks this season outside of the top half.
– Lyon’s defeat last week ended their 11 game unbeaten run in the league.
– They have won 17 points from a possible 39 on the road this season.
– In the reverse fixture in Week 10, Lyon thrashed Montpellier 5-1 at the Stade de Gerland.