Friday: Nantes (11th) vs Marseille (4th) (19:30 GMT)
Nantes will be hoping to take advantage of an out-of-form Marseille when the two sides meet at the Stade de la Beaujoire on Friday evening. The hosts haven’t been in the best of form themselves, winning just one of their previous five in the league. They head into this match on the back of successive defeats to Caen and St Etienne and have lost ground on the battle for a top half spot as a result.
Marseille, though, have far bigger problems. The visitors have had a dreadful couple of weeks, with defeats to PSG and Bordeaux not only knocking them out of the title race, but knocking them out of the top three too. Missing out on Champions League qualification to Monaco is now a real possibility, whilst St Etienne and Bordeaux are rapidly creeping up behind them as well. Marcelo Bielsa’s side can’t afford anything less than a win here.
– Nantes have won just twice in 13 league matches in 2015.
– They have scored 25 league goals this season, the fewest in the division along with Metz.
– Marseille have won just two of their last nine league outings.
– They have scored 30 goals on the road this league campaign, more than any other team in Ligue 1.
– In the reverse fixture in Week 15, Marseille beat Nantes 2-0 at the Stade Velodrome.