Friday: Marseille (3rd) vs Caen (14th) (19:30 GMT)
Marseille will be aiming to get back to winning ways as they welcome Caen to the Stade Velodrome on Friday evening. The hosts have drawn their last three league outings, falling four points behind leaders Lyon as a result. Marcelo Bielsa knows his side can’t afford to drop points in games like this one if his side are to maintain their title challenge, so nothing less than all three points will do here.
Caen, however, certainly won’t be pushovers. They are unbeaten in their last six league games, winning five of them, and have rocketed up the table from 20th to 14th since the turn of the year. They recorded yet another 4-1 victory last weekend against Lens and manager Patrice Garande will be hopeful that his side can take something from this game as well.
– Marseille have won just one of their last five league matches.
– They have won all 10 home league games this season in which they scored first.
– Caen have won three of their last six league games by a 4-1 scoreline.
– They have picked up 14 points from a possible 39 away from home this season.
– In the reverse fixture in Week 9, Marseille beat Caen 2-1 at the Stade Michel d’Ornano.