Montpellier players are covering the administrative staff’s salaries amid COVID-19 disruption

Speaking to France Football, Montpellier President Laurent Nicollin revealed that the club’s playing staff had agreed to cover the administrative staff’s salaries amid the ongoing COVID-19 disruption.

Now in a situation of part-time work, Montpellier employees are only receiving 70% of their salary (a measure funded by the French government, who cover up to 4.5 times the minimum wage). The team’s footballers have decided to make up the remaining 30%.

“The players are one thing, but others do not earn as much as they do. Putting switchboard operators, employees in partial unemployment, it is never an easy decision to make. My players have offered to fill the shortfall for certain employees.”

More European Football News