American investors interested in buying PSG stake

L’Équipe report this afternoon that an unnamed American investment fund has expressed an interest in buying a minority stake in Paris Saint-Germain.

The potential stakeholders are eyeing a 10 to 15% share in the club, which has been under the full ownership of Qatar Sports Investment since buying 70% from Colony Capital in June of 2011, and the remaining 30% a few months later. The team have gone on to win eight Ligue 1 titles in the decade since, establishing themselves as a major European team through some lucrative squad-building.

Sources from around QSI have confirmed the interest to L’Équipe, although it remains too early to determine whether any potential discussions will lead to anything. Those sources have also indicated that the possible arrival of a partner would not signal the start of QSI’s withdrawal from the PSG project.

QSI, headed by Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi, notably bought a minority stake in Braga this past summer, with Belgian side KAS Eupen also under Qatari ownership. 

GFFN | Raphaël Jucobin

More European Football News