Speaking to L’Équipe, soon-to-be-former AS Monaco right-back Djibril Sidibé (29) spoke about his disappointment with how his career at the Principality club has ended.
The former Everton man said, “I didn’t hear arguments that reassured me, not with regards to game time, but regarding the future. In terms of the duration of the contract as well, wasn’t at the level that I think I deserve either, without wanting to be too greedy.”
GFFN reported Sidibé’s imminent departure last week. On Monday, manager Philippe Clement said that he couldn’t give Sidibé the game-time he wanted. In response to that, the French international said, “I didn’t ask for more game time as the coach said, because I’m bot troubled by competition. If the club decides to bet on youngsters, I can understand that, but the way they went about it disappointed me, especially after everything I have done.”
He continued, “Clement straight away gave me his confidence, and when my contract extension became impossible, that confidence disappeared. I am disappointed by the ending, but Falcao didn’t get a flamboyant farewell, and neither did Jovetić. There is little gratitude in this environment.”