QSI in talks with two American investors over sale of PSG minority stake

L’Équipe report in today’s issue that Qatar Sports Investments (QSI) are in talks with two American investment funds over the sale of a minority stake in Paris Saint-Germain, worth between 10% and 15%.

Talks have been ongoing for several weeks, and the PSG owners have handed over financial information on the club pertaining to the necessary checks beforehand. 

A deal could be completed by the first half of 2023, depending on how quickly discussions move forward, although sources close to QSI have indicated that the arrival of a minority shareholder does not signal in any way their intention to leave the French champions in the near future. Nasser Al-Khelaifi has recently indicated he had received a €4bn offer for the club, which he was not entertaining.

QSI have been the sole shareholders of PSG since taking over in 2011 from Colony Capital – first buying 70% and then the remaining 30% months later. Under their high-spending ownership, the club has won eight Ligue 1 titles.

GFFN | Raphaël Jucobin

More European Football News